I don’t plan on reading many new books this December, so I thought I ought to share my favourites from this year! In this blog post I will be listing my top 9 favourites from this year and then lastly my all time favourite book from this year so I hope you enjoy! (P.S. The top 9 are in no particular order!)
10. Winter by Marissa Meyer. This was the first book I completed in 2o16 and I thought it was such a satisfying and epic conclusion to the amazing Lunar Chronicles series. I am a huge fan of this series and while in my opinion, it started off slow, it definitely ended with a bang! I am so happy with this book and it just had to make my list.
9. Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout. I absolutely adore this book which is the first book in the Lux series. It is so fun and entertaining to read and it also has a really awesome cast of characters that I love to follow so much!
8. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky – Oh my gosh I am obsessed with this story! I watched the movie numerous times before I finally picked up this short book but I am so glad I finally did because it met all the expectations that the movie set up for me. I cannot wait to purchase my own copy of this book because it follows such an interesting and important storyline and overall is a fantastic novel.
7. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. This is the 3rd book in the Vampire Academy series and it is my favourite out of the entire series, with Spirit Bound right behind it. I love Vampire Academy and I thought the books were all so amazing but when I read Shadow Kiss I was fangirling and just devouring the whole thing.
6. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Everyone was raving about this book because the movie was coming out so I decided to pick it up and read it before I read the book…let me tell you it was not a let down! I finished this book in 2 days and I would not have put it down for even a second if I got the chance. I don’t read to many adult books but this book is definitely the way to go.
5.A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. This book came to a very close tie with my all time favourite book of 2016 because this book is just so damn good! I started reading it in 2015 but put it down because I just wasn’t that into it, but then this past summer I picked it up again and could not stop reading it! It is a very loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast and was just everything a book needed to be to be perfect.
4. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. This trilogy is a lot of fun and very intriguing. I picked this up at my library just because I have heard about it a few times so I thought why not? Besides, before reading this I hadn’t read too many time travel books but when I read this book, it made me ONLY want to read time travel books…it was just so freaking good and I love this entire trilogy so much!
3. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I have raved about this book plenty of times on my blog but I just can’t stop. I love to read contemporary but this book made me love the genre even more. It is everything you want in a good contemporary book…it has an adorable romance, a quirky main character, and many, many relatable scenes. I cannot wait for the final book in this trilogy because they are so flipping amazing!
2. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. Unlike many other contemporaries I didn’t devour this book in one sitting. I wanted to always put this book down because I wanted to extend the story for as long as possible which just shows how amazing it was. I loved the 2 main characters and watching them get through a very dark time in their lives was very raw and real and just made the story 100% better.
1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare!!! This fantastic book was my all time favourite book of 2016, and let me tell you why. I am a massive Mortal Instruments fan but even I didn’t expect to love this book so much. It was all I expected and more and I am ecstatic for the new book coming out this coming May!
Those were my top 10 favourite books of 2016 and I hope you enjoyed!