(Review policy updated on: April 3, 2019)
Currently, I am accepting books for reviews in exchange for honest reviews that will be featured on my blog. Along with a review post on my blog, I am also able to honestly review the book on Goodreads, Amazon, or any other book sharing platform you wish.
My Requirements for the Books:
- Can be middle grade, young adult, or adult fiction (I tend to accept young adult more often though, but am very open to the other two if the plot interests me!)
- Can be non-fiction (if the topic interests me!)
- Genres I accept are: fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary, literary, dystopian, action/adventure, LGBTQ+
- Genres I will NOT accept are: erotica, mystery, romance, westerns
My preference is to read and review physical copies, but I will accept eBooks as well! No audiobooks.
I respond to all review pitches within 2-3 days of the day the email was sent, whether I am accepting or denying the request. If I am denying the request, I will state why in the email response.
If I accept a book for review and dislike it, I will still write a review as promised and state why I did not like in the review. I will not be harsh or cruel though, only open and honest about why the story did not appeal to me. If I cannot finish a book, I will do the same. I will write a review and explain why I could not finish it.
All of my reviews include the book’s synopsis provided in the book’s pitch email sent to me, are spoiler free, and will be at least 500 words long. Each review will include my open and honest thoughts of the book, whether they are positive or negative, or both. Each review will also include a star rating out 5.
If you have a book you would like me to review, please reach out to me via email at email@example.com and include the following:
- The book’s title and author’s name
- A synopsis of the book that I can include in my book review
Typically, I will have a review out for a book within a month of the email, but I will keep you up to date throughout the process if necessary and send you a link to the review when posted!
Thank you for taking the time to review my book review policy, and if you have any additional comments or questions, don’t hesitate to email me or leave them in the comments below!