Happy New Year! It’s that time of the year where I share my reading and writing goals for 2022.
These are some of my favourite posts to write. I love creating goals, especially ones surrounding reading and writing. And I love to share them!
Without further ado, let’s start by looking back to a year ago when I set my goals for 2021. What did I accomplish? What didn’t I accomplish? I will cross off each one I accomplished and then give a quick wrap-up at the end before diving into my 2022 goals.
My Goals for 2021
- Finish writing The Obsidian Butterfly so it is ready for editing
- Keep up blog schedule of posting once a week to each blog
- Outline 2nd The Obsidian Butterfly novel
Have freelancing become my part-time job (get between 20-25 hours of work)
- Create a social media/creative agency (make a website and new
social media accounts) Continue learning about digital marketing through online courses Continue taking editing and writing classes (you can never stop improving!)
- Read 30 books
- Actually read all my assigned readings for school (I slacked a little last semester
, I won’t lie)
Travel locally more (if things get better, obviously) Keep up my workout routine of going to the gym 2-3x per week Get back on track with school (last semester, I only took 2/5 classes so I want to make sure I am doing full semesters from now on) Prioritize my mental health (this means continuing counselling, focusing more on self-care, etc.) Save more money Develop a repeatable morning routine (it doesn’t have to be a crazy 1 hour routine, but it could just be reading first thing when I wake up)
- Spend less time online (since it’s my job to be online, I want to cut down my screen time when I’m not working and spend more time outside or reading)
- Meditate and journal almost every day
Overall, I did fairly good for 2022. Especially business and lifestyle-wise, however, in 2022, I want to re-centre my focuses on writing and reading, as well as lifestyle. These are the things that light me up from the inside yet I neglected them a lot this past year.
My 2022 Goals
- Finish writing The Obsidian Butterfly draft 1
- Finish writing The Obsidian Butterfly draft 2
- Write every week
- Gain 2 more clients
- Keep up with sending one new email newsletter every month (If you’re an author, sign up for my newsletter HERE to get monthly social media marketing and book marketing tips AND 30 content ideas to grow your brand awareness)
- Post 4x per week to Instagram
- Post every day to TikTok
- Launch my first digital project in August
- Take a new marketing course once per month
- Read 15 books
- Read more about Aztec mythology
- Post twice a month to this blog
- Post twice a month to my author marketing blog (check it out HERE!)
- Post twice a month to my travel blog
- Meditate 5x a week
- Workout 3x a week
- Go on a walk 2x a week
- Keep up my morning routine
- Read 10 pages a day
- Continue travelling locally
- Plan Seattle trip
- Prioritize mental health
I feel really confident in my goals for 2022. They are things that I am excited about and have already kept up in 2021, like working out consistently, getting back on track with writing (even though I didn’t accomplish a single writing goal from 2021), and keeping up a good morning routine.
When creating goals, it’s important to ensure they aren’t unrealistic. Otherwise, they are unproductive and damaging to your mental well-being. And that’s exactly what I’ve gone on to do.
Always, always set SMART goals!
What are your goals for 2022? Let me know in the comments below!
Check out my last blog post: My Top 4 Favourite Books of 2021
2 thoughts on “My Reading & Writing Goals for 2022”