Goal setting has not been going great for me lately. My life has felt all over the place and because of that, I have not been seeing the progress in my own projects and goals that I have hoped for.
However, as a student, September feels like the start of a brand new year (more so than January 1st) and I am going to use this month as a reset. While it is going to be hectic month with the start of online classes, full-time work, etc, etc…I am determined to continue reading, writing, and of course, blogging.
Before I get into today’s blog post, I wanted to let you all know that today is the LAST DAY to get 10% off any of my editing services on my freelance website. Check out what I offer HERE because I’d love to work with you 🙂
Anyways, enough of the rambling. Here’s to a productive month!
- Finish Vicious by V.E. Schwab – I started my re-read of this amazing book a few days ago and while once upon a time, I would be done it already, I’ve been in a reading slump for a looong time. However, I am determined to get it read before the end of September so I can dive into Vengeful, the sequel! I am already flying through this book so I have high hopes I will achieve this goal.
- Beloved by Toni Morrison or The Round House by Louise Erdrich – I don’t know which one of these I will be reading first because they are for my American Lit class (which I hopefully will stay in and not drop). Regardless, I haven’t read anything by either of these authors so I am excited to see how my experience is with them. You would think by now my course outline for the class would be released since I have less than 2 weeks till class starts, but nope! I still have no idea what is going on for it, let alone which book we are starting the year off with.
- Post on Blog 1x Per Week – I was really hoping to keep up with posting 2x per week on here, but I’ve made a list of all my commitments for September and realized it wasn’t practical. I’m determined to post at least once a week and keep up with connecting with you all and providing content you want! I will be keeping my Monday posting day (but instead of posting at 12pm PST, I will be posting at 8am PST) but not Fridays unless I have the time and have something I really want to post.
- Write Article for Flanelle’s Print Edition – I think I was supposed to have drafted this already, but July and August were so hectic that I am going to work on this in September instead. I can’t reveal what the topic is, but I’m curious to see what I come up with for Flanelle’s October print edition. It’ll probably be at most, 1,000 words which shouldn’t take my too long! If you want to check out some of the articles I’ve written for Flanelle, check out my portfolio on my freelance website HERE!
- Write 17,000 Words – Once again, I am working on The Obsidian Butterfly and re-entering it into the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future writing contest on September 30th. I don’t know if I mentioned this, but my last version of this story got a Silver Honourable Mention so that has really inspired me to work on the story more, re-write it, and then re-submit it. It will be a bit challenging trying to get a polished draft ready to go in my busy month, but I love this story and am determined to do so.
That is everything I have planned for the month of September and let’s cross our fingers I can check off 80% of this at least. The thing is with my goals is they are rarely things I want to get done but rather things I HAVE to get done (give or take a few). They are all goals I genuinely want to achieve, however, and I am looking forward to keeping busy.
Last Blog Post: Beginner’s Guide to: Roman Mythology