I have read so many books with amazing characters in them so in this blog post I will be sharing with all of you my top 10 favourite male characters! (Check out my last blog post!)
10. Harry Potter from Harry Potter is number 10 on my list. He is just a super strong character, having lost all his blood related family and being the ‘chosen one’ and I just had to fit him somewhere on this list obviously.
9. Prince Maxon from The Selection is number 9 and you are probably wondering why I put him before Harry and that is because just for some reason I love Maxon so much. He is sweet, sensitive and caring and he puts up with all of America’s stubbornness.
8. Daemon Black from the Lux series is number 8 on my list and here is why: he is gorgeous. He is smoking and he always comes back with snarky remarks that make me melt.
7. Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door is number 7 because Cricket is just so god damn nice and awkward and funny. I love him so much but it was still a really hard decision between him and Etienne but ugh Cricket is amazing and adorable.
6. Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games is number 6 on this list because he is so nice and is always looking out for Katniss. He brings out the softer side in Katniss and for that I salute him.
5. Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians is number 5 because of his persassy skills. Percy was my first fictional crush and I just love his sass so he obviously made the list.
4. Leo Valdez from the Heroes of Olympus series is number 4 because all the ladies love Leo. Leo is the odd one out but he is so funny and he needs someone to love him (sorry Calypso) so I will happily take the job up.
3. Mark Blackthorn from Lady Midnight is number 3 and I don’t know why I love him so much! Well maybe its because he is handsome and hilarious…yeah. But I just loved reading about Mark in Lady Midnight and I cannot wait to see more, even if he can get a little…weird.
2. Julian Blackthorn from Lady Midnight…yeah another Cassandra Clare character but can you blame me?! So Julian may have some ‘fire’ inside him where he can get really overprotective and scary over the people he loves but that makes me love him more. Julian is just my bae honestly.
- Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments takes home the grand prize of being number 1 and I KNOW another Cassandra Clare character but I just love him. He’s sarcastic, sweet, hot and ugh he’s amazing.
So those are my top 10 favourite male characters and I AM SORRY for the last 3 being from just Cassie’s books but I can’t help it if she writes beautiful characters so easily. It was hard taking Will Herondale off the list…it was.
I’ve been seeing this around Booktube so I thought, hey, why not talk about this on my blog. So here I am, about to discuss how I got into reading and what books really started me off on my long, time consuming addiction.
I find that a lot of readers say that they have always been reading but I haven’t. It actually wasn’t until I was about 9 that I actually began reading thicker books and actually enjoying it. Before I was 9, I absolutely despised books. If there was a movie based on a book I refused to watch it because I thought it was going to be boring. I did give reading a try though when I was younger. I tried to read the first Harry Potter book but I just couldn’t sit down and read it because I couldn’t understand it, which was frustrating so I gave up. But, at the beginning of grade 4, I discovered the Magic Treehouse series and the Geronimo Stilton books which I adored but only read them when I had to because I obviously didn’t want to be classified as a nerd…Anyways, one day my teacher came up to me and said I needed to start reading more books in my age level because apparently the books I was reading were for 7 year olds not almost 10 year olds which totally bummed me out and I just stopped reading all together.
One day, though, I was visiting my cousins and my cousin forced me to watch Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and I just rolled my eyes and said okay. About halfway through, I realized that this movie was amazing (don’t ask why I thought it was amazing-I was 10 and at the time never read the books). Well my cousin then told me that there were books and I could read them so I practically praised her that day. As you can probably guess, I flew through that series like it was nothing and quickly moved onto the spin-off series, The Heroes of Olympus, and loved that even more. I was obsessed with anything Percy Jackson related and I actually NEVER read anything else until I was about 12. It was the middle of summer and I was at the library when I noticed a book called City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and I don’t know what fascinated me so much about it but I checked it out and brought it home, quickly starting it. And it was Percy Jackson all over again. I finished the 6 book series in 6 days! It became my favourite series ever and it still is. I soon realized there was MORE books about the Shadow world called the Infernal Devices trilogy and I jumped into that, loving it. After reading the Mortal Instruments it opened my eyes to other series. Divergent, The Hunger Games, The Selection, Harry Potter (which I can read now) etc, etc and now here I am…still crazy about books and honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
So that was my longish story on how I got into reading! I hope you guys liked it and I will most likely be posting my April TBR tomorrow!