Happy day 4 of the Biannual Bibliothon! I cannot believe it is already day 4…that means we are half way through which is insane. I’m definitely really sad that it is almost finished because despite it being only day 4, I have gotten a lot of reading done and am extremely motivated to keep reading.
Okay, now on to the blogging challenge for today, which is to create a holiday or winter fantasy bucket list where you create a list of 10-15 activities you want to complete with book characters from at least 3 different books. This challenge is hosted by Cody @ thebookworminme so definitely check them out! So the characters I chose to complete these fantasy bucket list items with me are Mark Blackthorn from The Dark Artifices series by Cassandra Clare, Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, and Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead…interesting group right? I just love these character and think that going on some wintery adventures with them would be a blast. Anyways, now onto the bucket list!
- Have a Snowball Fight in the Land of the Fae – Doesn’t this sound amazing? Thanks to Mark being half faerie, he would be able to get us there so we could have an epic snowball fight. Yes I would probably lose because I would be against Mark who is a Shadowhunter and Rose who is a vampire protector…I might have a chance against Percy? Maybe? Probably not but it would be epic still!
- Take Up the Hobby of Dhampir Training – The winter time is the perfect time to take up a new hobby, so why not some badass training? I mean, sure I would be the only one needing the training since Mark is a Shadowhunter who has spent his entire life training, Rose is already a trained Dhampir, and Percy is a son of Poseidon who definitely has used his sword more than once. I guess it would be fun for them to excel as I fail.
- Make Some Cool Camp Half Blood Necklaces – Nothing brings people together during the winter time like a good craft, and ever since I read the Percy Jackson series I have desperately wanted a Camp Half Blood necklace that all the characters have, representing the years they have been at camp. It would just be a lot of fun and a good bucket list activity.
- Visit Boreas in His Ice Palace – If you didn’t know, Boreas is the Greek god of the North wind and in the Heroes of the Olympus series, Piper, Leo and Jason travel to Montreal, Canada where he has a massive, epic ice palace. Not only would that be incredibly cool to see a magical ice palace, but we would also get to see Montreal! Even though Percy didn’t go there himself, he is tight with Piper, Leo and Jason so I’m sure he could hook us up because I have always wanted to see the ice sculpture contest they have during the winter in Montreal. It would be so much fun.
- Visit Idris! – Speaking of visiting places, Idris would be so gorgeous in the winter and I would love, love to see it. Mark is a Shadowhunter and we could get Magnus to portal us all in and we would just have a lovely, magical trip to Idris, the land of the Shadowhunters. We could go ice skating, go dress shopping…there are no limits.
- Ski Trip with Rose’s School – So in Frostbite by Richelle Mead (the 2nd book in the Vampire Academy series), Rose and Lisa’s school goes on a ski trip in the mountains. I mean, I’m not the biggest skier but I would love to snuggle up around the fire with my friends. Honestly, I can’t see Percy as a big skier, but Mark is very graceful and Rose is tough so I’m sure they’d have no problem.
- Go Christmas Shopping at the Shadow Market – That would be fun, right? The Shadow Market is part of Cassandra Clare’s Shadow World and is where downworlders tend to scheme and rip people off, and sometimes Shadowhunters wind up there too. I mean it might be a little sketchy and unsafe, but I think we would find some really cool gifts. Personally, I would be all over the fortune tellers and whatnot because it would be so intriguing.
- Dance with the Fae – Another trip to the land of the fae, and while going to their parties can be dangerous, but as long as you refrain from eating or drinking anything, you’ll be fine! I mean, we have Mark to pull us out if we fall into the trance of wanting to dance for the rest eternity so all would be well.
- Go Winter Cave Spelunking with the Strigoi – In Vampire Academy, the Strigoi are these evil vampires that hide out in caves because they can’t stand the sunlight. Yes, it would dangerous but caves are so cool to adventure into, especially during the winter. Also, I would have 3 strong fighters with me so they could definitely take them on. Maybe after taking up some of Rose’s Dhampir training, I wouldn’t be useless either!
- Exchange Gifts with the Greek Gods – And finally, after all of these crazy, winter bucket list adventures, we will end off by exchanging gifts with the Greek gods! Maybe a gold, plastic crown for Zeus, a mirror for Aphrodite, and some sunglasses for Ares? It would be interesting and I’m sure they would feed us some fantastic food afterwards.
Those are my 10 winter/holiday fantasy bucket list items and I hope you enjoyed! It took me a while to come up with them but hopefully they are somewhat creative and funny. Don’t forget to check out my last blog post: 2018 Biannual Bibliothon Day 3: Favourite Winter Scene + 2018 Biannual Bibliothon Day 3: Reading Update!
Thanks, and happy reading 🙂
Biannual Bibliothon Info:
Other Places You Can Find Me: