There are many amazing authors but I wanted to narrow my long list to my top 5 favourite and why! Don’t forget to check out my recent blog posts! 🙂
- Cassandra Clare. She is my all time favourite author just because I love her writing style, her stories, and all her characters. Every book she has written I have loved, and I am so happy that she is coming out with more and more books. Her books have impacted me so much, and I fell in love with them from the first word!
- Rick Riordan. His Percy Jackson and the Olympians series was the first book series I read (that was over 100 pages) and loved. His writing got me obsessed with reading so I will always have a sentimental love towards his books. That, and his writing style is hilarious along with his characters. Again, I am obsessed with all his books and anything related to them. And I am so excited to finally be meeting him on his Hammer of Thor tour! Ugh, a dream come true!!!
- JK Rowling. Obviously I had to add her in here because her books are amazing! I love Harry Potter just because it is so detailed and wonderful and how could you not like it! I really wish she would write a series about the Harry’s parents and their life at Hogwarts because that would be AWESOME!!!
- Tahereh Mafi. Her writing is just so beautiful and she has a talent for making her characters feel so real. I absolutely adore her Shatter Me trilogy and cannot wait for her new book Futhermore to come out!
- Stephanie Perkins. I wanted to add a contemporary author and because I am obsessed with all of her books I thought I would put Stephanie Perkins! Her books are just so relatable and great and cute and ugh, I want all the relationships in them.
Those are my top 5 favourite authors and I hope you liked this post!
There are some pretty epic villains out there so I am going to be sharing my top 5 favourite villains! Comment your favourites below 🙂
Umbridge from Harry Potter is one of the nastiest villains ever. She is much worse than Voldemort because she is snotty, rude, evil and just has all the great qualities villains have.
Sebastian Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments is amazing. He is sassy and evil and I love him so much, he is definitely one of my favourite villains out there. His story is so sad yet you hate him most of the time during the book because of all the truly evil and disgusting things he does.
Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles is an epic villain. She has a terrible backstory that lets you know why she is the way she is but she takes everything way to far. Overall though she is an amazing villain and definitely had to make it on this list.
Gaea from The Heroes of Olympus series is also an amazing villain because she is freaking Mother Earth without the flowers in her hair and birds singing around her. She is down right nasty and she has no soft side whatsoever.
SPOILER FOR LADY MIDNIGHT AHEAD….
So I am hoping that if you haven’t read Lady Midnight you stopped reading and if you have then keep reading. I just don’t want to be responsible for spoiling you.
Malcom Fade from Lady Midnight was such a sweet and innocent characters that I thought was hilarious and then he turned out to be a freaking love driven villain! I was astounded that Cassandra Clare was able to do this to us but I guess I should underestimate her…ever again.
Those are my 5 favourite villains and I hope you enjoyed!
I have read so many books with amazing characters in them so in this blog post I will be sharing with all of you my top 10 favourite male characters! (Check out my last blog post!)
10. Harry Potter from Harry Potter is number 10 on my list. He is just a super strong character, having lost all his blood related family and being the ‘chosen one’ and I just had to fit him somewhere on this list obviously.
9. Prince Maxon from The Selection is number 9 and you are probably wondering why I put him before Harry and that is because just for some reason I love Maxon so much. He is sweet, sensitive and caring and he puts up with all of America’s stubbornness.
8. Daemon Black from the Lux series is number 8 on my list and here is why: he is gorgeous. He is smoking and he always comes back with snarky remarks that make me melt.
7. Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door is number 7 because Cricket is just so god damn nice and awkward and funny. I love him so much but it was still a really hard decision between him and Etienne but ugh Cricket is amazing and adorable.
6. Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games is number 6 on this list because he is so nice and is always looking out for Katniss. He brings out the softer side in Katniss and for that I salute him.
5. Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians is number 5 because of his persassy skills. Percy was my first fictional crush and I just love his sass so he obviously made the list.
4. Leo Valdez from the Heroes of Olympus series is number 4 because all the ladies love Leo. Leo is the odd one out but he is so funny and he needs someone to love him (sorry Calypso) so I will happily take the job up.
3. Mark Blackthorn from Lady Midnight is number 3 and I don’t know why I love him so much! Well maybe its because he is handsome and hilarious…yeah. But I just loved reading about Mark in Lady Midnight and I cannot wait to see more, even if he can get a little…weird.
2. Julian Blackthorn from Lady Midnight…yeah another Cassandra Clare character but can you blame me?! So Julian may have some ‘fire’ inside him where he can get really overprotective and scary over the people he loves but that makes me love him more. Julian is just my bae honestly.
- Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments takes home the grand prize of being number 1 and I KNOW another Cassandra Clare character but I just love him. He’s sarcastic, sweet, hot and ugh he’s amazing.
So those are my top 10 favourite male characters and I AM SORRY for the last 3 being from just Cassie’s books but I can’t help it if she writes beautiful characters so easily. It was hard taking Will Herondale off the list…it was.
There are so many amazing authors out there to choose from but I managed to narrow it down to my top 5. These are just authors who if they publish a book no matter what it is about I will pick it up! Comment below your favourite authors because I would love to know! (BTW these are not in a specific order)
Cassandra Clare ~ I love all of Cassie’s books so so so much!!! Her writing is amazing and fun and she creates the best characters ever and I love all of them. Every book she writes is a must read for me.
Rick Riordan ~ The Percy Jackson series was the series that got me into reading and I think because of that I will always love his books and I will always keep picking them up! His writing is really funny and all his characters are so unique! He also keeps coming out with new books based on different mythologies and I looove mythology so it’s a huge bonus.
Rainbow Rowell ~ Rainbow Rowell’s books are just so cute and quirky that every single book I have picked by her, I’ve loved. Fangirl: Absolutely adored it. Eleanor and Park: Loved it. Carry On: Amazing. And yes I know those are not all of her books but those are just my 3 favourites are hers!
Jennifer L Armentrout ~ I have only read the Lux series by her so far but I am planning on reading many more because the Lux series was just so fantastic! I loved how real and somewhat normal it felt, Continue reading “Top 5 Favourite Authors”