Today I have an exciting post and it is an author interview with mystery, thriller, and paranormal romance author, Alicia Dean! I asked Alicia a series of questions about her writing process and her books, so I hope you enjoy 🙂
1. How did you first fall in love with writing?
When I was a child, I loved to read. And my own stories started forming in my mind, and I knew at an early age that I wanted to be a writer.
2. Is there a book or series that has shaped your writing?
There are many books that stuck with me and shaped my writing. Over the years, there have been different influences. One of my earliest influences, other than Pippi Longstockings and Amelia Bedelia, LOL, were Harlequins, then Sweet Savage Love. Although, I oddly have never written a Historical and don’t really read them now. I discovered Stephen King and Michael Connelly and my interest morphed to murder. 😀
3. What does your current writing process look like?
A haphazard mess. 🙂 I have difficulty being creative in the evenings, so my goal is to rise earlier than normal and spend at least an hour writing. But, as of late, I haven’t been able to stick to my goal. I at least try to write a minimum of 10 minutes a day, no matter what else is going on so that I at least accomplish something and stay connected to my story.
4. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
Traveling, watching MLB and NFL, reading, watching TV, hanging with my kids, friends, and family.
5. What is your favourite genre to write in?
Suspense/police procedurals. Though I also enjoy paranormal.
6. Do you have a favourite book of yours that you have written? Or at least, a current favourite?
I think Without Mercy might be my all-time favorite of my own books. Though I enjoyed writing Soul Seducer a great deal too.
7. You have several books being re-released. What inspired this decision?
I self-published them originally, because, at the time I wrote them, they didn’t fit in with what The Wild Rose Press was publishing. And, for some of them, they were written with a group of other authors for a specific project. Since that time, TWRP has begun accepting a wider variety of genres. I love being an author for The Wild Rose Press and I thought releasing them through TWRP would breathe new life into them.
8. Soul Seducer is the first book of yours being re-released this week on April 14. Can you give a summary of this story?
My heroine, Audra, is a nurse who has a near-death experience, which opens a portal, more or less, between her world and the world of reapers. She is able to see and communicate with grim reapers after that. One of the reapers is beyond evil and he takes people ‘before their time’ which is painful for the person and damns them to an eternity of torment. Another reaper, who becomes my heroine’s love interest, is trying to stop him. Everyone in Audra’s life is in peril, from her patients to her friends and family.
9. Your re-releases are getting brand new covers. Out of the ones that have been revealed, do you have a favourite?
It would either be Soul Seducer or Once Upon a Gothic. But it’s difficult, because I love them all.
10. Where can we find the re-releases of your books?
You can find them at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wNIpjg or on my website: https://aliciadean.com/books/
Follow Alicia on social media!
Check out my last blog post: April + May TBR
Need a freelance copywriter or social media manager? Check out my website HERE!