Only one more week of prepping before NaNoWriMo hits us full force! Are any of you feeling the crushing pressure? If so don’t worry! In this blog post I will be giving some worldbuilding tips because I accumulated some amazingly helpful ones from a writing conference I recently attended, as well as some helpful tips to keep you calm and prepared for NaNoWriMo 2017. Enjoy!
- Good worldbuilding incorporates aspects of our world that we take for granted
- Worldbuilding takes place through the character’s eyes, not the writers
- Think of diversity and ignore tropes
- Remember: worlds are defined by the people who live there!
- While worldbuilding is important, remember the story is the main focus
- Know about our world before you build your own
- Include sensory when describing your world to your readers!
Things to Keep in Mind About NaNoWriMo:
- Remember that this is your story and nobody else can write it but you
- You are your worst critic and it probably isn’t as bad as you think!
- Don’t fret about the 50,000 word count…write what you can and it will still be a massive accomplishment!
Awesome TED Talks Playlist:
Those are some tips and things to keep in mind as NaNoWriMo approaches and I hope you enjoyed. Don’t forget to check out my last blog post: Reading/Writing Update!