Who doesn’t love a few writing prompts to get their story gears moving and whirling in their brain? I love using writing prompts to get story ideas, or just use them to freewrite and get out of a writing rut. So here are a few to inspire and motivate you to get writing!
(By the way…these are all prompts taken from Pinterest so I do NOT take credit for them!)
- No one expected an angel to set the world on fire.
- Write a myth explaining lightning or thunder.
- The princess had many charms, but looks had never been one of them.
- The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all.
- A damsel in distress who is really the villain of the story.
- The prophecy was written in sharpie on the wall of a gas station bathroom.
- “I accept dollars, euros, sterling silver, broken hearts, and secrets.”
- She added a charm to her bracelet for every life she took.
- Can you kill a monster without becoming one?
- Use the lyrics of your favourite song to write a story.
- Write a story without letting the reader know if the main character is the “good guy” or the “bad guy”.
- Write a myth about what an eclipse means.
- He found the journal on the train.
- You are a “dream bender”, a psychic who can change people’s dreams.
- Mirrors are doors to other dimensions.
- “It’s hard to have a heart when you have stopped so many others.”
- “Who were you? – before they broke your heart?”
- In my free time, I sank ships.
- He could see her face in his dreams but he couldn’t remember meeting her.
- It can take a very long time to realize you are immortal.
- Magic isn’t a cure…it’s a curse.
- An ancient spell book has been stolen.
- Hell isn’t a place. It’s a state of mind.
- Sunburns are painful, but moonburns are worse.
- The evil queens are princesses that were never saved…
Those are a few writing prompts and hopefully this will also help you fuel some ideas for NaNoWriMo which is right around the corner! Don’t forget to check out my last blog post: NaNoWriMo!