I want to read as many different books as I possibly can this year, so I decided to make a list of some different reading goals that I want to accomplish. If you find any of these goals intriguing then definitely try them out!
- Read More Historical Fiction – I recently bought All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, which takes place during World War II, and I am really excited to read it because I don’t read to much historical fiction. Some other historical fiction books I have and want to read, are The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Empire of Dust by Eleanor Herman.
- Finish Any Uncompleted Series – By this, I mean I want to read as many series as I can that I started, but then never ended up finishing. Some examples for me, are the A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J Maas, the Red Queen trilogy by Victoria Aveyard, and the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo.
- Finally Give Harry Potter and the Cursed Child a Try – I have heard so many mixed reviews on this book that I have been a little hesitant to pick it up. It is sitting on my shelf though, gathering dust, so I might as well pick it up and give it a try.
- Try Reading Some Classics – I have a whole shelf of classics that I have never read! I don’t know if classics are exactly the style of books I am into, but I want to try and read a few like Peter Pan, Pride and Prejudice, and Alice in Wonderland. Everyone has read at least one classic and I feel like it is an obligation to give them a try.
- Re Read The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare – As you probably know, I am a die hard fan of Cassandra Clare, and it feels like forever since I last re read her first series! I just checked and I haven’t read this series since 2015! Which is crazy but I guess that is what happens when so many other amazing books come out. Anyways, this series is in need of a re read and I hoping that will happen this coming summer.
Those are a few reading goals I have for the rest of the year and I hope you enjoyed. Don’t forget to check out my last blog post: The Hamilton Book Tag!