- Dog Earing Pages – I feel like this is a pretty common pet peeve for readers, but honestly, why ruin a perfectly good page by folding it! There is a reason bookmarks are a thing, and a necessity.
- When the Cover Doesn’t Have to Do with the Book – Sometimes I look at the cover after reading a book and being like, “How again does this reflect the book?” Oh wait…it doesn’t! The Shatter Me covers are gorgeous, but what does an eye have to do with the story? Or am I just missing something.
- When the Pages are too Thin – I can be an aggressive page flipper, so when the pages are super thin (*cough* Winter by Marissa Meyer *cough*), I am going to rip it by accident. Some of my books have multiple rips throughout them, and it makes me cringe every time I see them. We don’t want any more bible thin pages, publishers.
- When Your Favourite Scene isn’t in the Movie – Ugh this is so frustrating because the author writes this beautiful scene that you just adore, but then when the movie comes along, it is cut out! Like that scene was practically made to be shared on the screen so why not include it?
- When Books in the Same Series are Different Sizes – Okay, so I was looking at my The Selection series and I realized that The One is a good few centimeters taller than The Selection and The Elite…why do publishers have to do this to us? All books should be the same height because it makes out bookshelves the neater!
Those are five bookish pet peeves I have and I hope you enjoyed. Don’t forget to comment some bookish pet peeves you have as well, and also check out my last blog post: 10 Bookish Facts About Me!